Monday, Dec. 11
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books.
• Matinee Monday, 2 p.m., main library. (Adults) Enjoy refreshments while watching a classic holiday musical. Call 873-5191 to sign up and for movie title.
• Midway Book Club, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) The book club will meet to discuss The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. All are welcome. No sign up necessary.
Tuesday, Dec. 12
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2-3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4-5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K to fourth) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
Wednesday, Dec. 13
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9-23 mo.) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Easy Yoga, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Learn easy yoga exercises to help you stretch, strengthen, and relax. Please wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move. Mats provided. Taught by Emily Saderholm. Call 846-4014 to sign up. Thursday, Dec. 14
• Creative Café: DIY Ornaments, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents enjoy open play with our Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome.
• Make and Take: Flower Pot Snowmen, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Make a charming little snowman to decorate your home or to give as a gift. All supplies provided. Call 846-4014 to sign up. Friday, Dec. 15
• Friday Coffee Club, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us every other week to meet interesting personalities and discuss intriguing topics. Refreshments provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up. This week’s speaker is Anne McGregor, author of Memoir of a Butterfly. Saturday, Dec. 16
• Dynamic Doers: DIY Ornaments, 2 to 4 p.m., Midway branch. (Ages 11 to 18) Teens drop in anytime between 2 and 4 p.m. to create an original ornament with glitter, paint, ribbon, and more. All materials provided. Call 846-4014 to sign up.