Monday, Dec. 18
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12:00 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books.
Tuesday, Dec. 19
• Toddler Tales, 10:00 a.m., main library. (Ages two to three) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11:00 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11:00 a.m., main library. (Ages four to five) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3:00 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-fourth) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story. Wednesday, Dec. 20
• Baby Story Time, 10:00 a.m., main library. (Ages nine to 23 mo.) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Teen Book Club, 4:00-5:00 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Join us as we discuss “Will Grayson,” by John Green. Snacks provided. Copies of the book available at the Library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Easy Yoga, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Learn easy yoga exercises to help you stretch, strengthen, and relax. Please wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move. Mats provided. Taught by Emily Saderholm. Call 846-4014 to sign up. Thursday, Dec. 21
• Creative Café: Ice Candles, 4:00 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6:00-7:00 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents enjoy open play with our Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome. Friday, Dec. 22
• Fourth Friday Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages newborn to five) Story time is a great opportunity to introduce babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to the library and work on important early literacy skills. Join us the fourth Friday of each month for books, games, music, and crafts. No sign up necessary.