Library Events Monday, Jan. 15
The main library and Midway branch will be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Tuesday, Jan. 16
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages two to three) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages five and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages four to five) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
Wednesday, Jan. 17
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages nine to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown-up.
• Teen Book Club, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us as we discuss Terrier by Tamora Pierce. Snacks provided. Copies of the book available at the Library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Easy Yoga, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Learn easy yoga exercises to help you stretch, strengthen, and relax. Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move. Mats provided. Taught by Emily Saderholm. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Midway Living History, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Join this lively discussion as Midway’s history is brought to life. Some long-time residents of Midway will be here to lead a conversation and share their memories and experiences. Participants are encouraged to bring memorabilia. Dessert and coffee will be provided. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Thursday, Jan. 18
• Creative Café: Zentangle, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents enjoy open play with our new big blue blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome.
• Meet Libby: The Free eBooks and Audiobooks App, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Learn how to download eBooks and audiobooks right to your smartphone or tablet with this user-friendly app. Taught by John Crawford. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Friday, Jan. 19
• Friday Morning Book Club, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us for the first meeting of Woodford County Library’s newest book club. Enjoy refreshments while discussing favorite books and upcoming monthly reads. Call 873-5191 to sign up. Saturday, Jan. 20
• Yoga for Kids, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Children of all ages) Get kids moving! Yoga instructor Haley Wyatt will teach basic yoga through stories and poses. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Minecraft Jr., 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., main library. (Ages six to 11) Kids create and play together in our own virtual Minecraft world. Participants must have their own Minecraft PC account. Bring your own computer if possible. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Dynamic Doers: DIY Mugs, 2 to 4 p.m., Midway branch. (Ages 11 to 18) Teens drop in to customize a mug with your favorite quote or design. All materials provided. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Teen Spa Day, 2 to 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us for a relaxing afternoon as we put on face masks, paint nails, use hair chalk, and make spa goodies using simple ingredients. All materials provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up. Sunday, Jan. 21
• Reception for Transitions: The Art of Ayé A. Aton 2 to 4 p.m., main library. (All welcome) Ayé A. Aton was an American painter, designer, and muralist. Aton had taught, exhibited, and toured throughout the world. In addition to being a prolific visual artist, Aton was also a jazz drummer. Join us in celebrating his vibrant art and life. Show runs Jan. 14-Feb. 23.