Sunday, Jan. 21
• Reception for Transitions: The Art of Ayé A. Aton, 2 to 4 p.m., main library. (All welcome) Ayé A. Aton was an American painter, designer, and muralist. Aton had taught, exhibited, and toured throughout the world. In addition to being a prolific visual artist, Aton was also a jazz drummer. Join us in celebrating his vibrant art and life. Show runs Jan. 14 – Feb. 23.
Monday, Jan. 22
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign up necessary.
• Maker Monday: Sink or Float? 4 p.m., main library. (Families) Float an egg, create a paper boat, sink a duck, and do many other buoyancy experiments. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Tuesday, Jan. 23
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages two to three) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages five and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages four to five) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K to fourth) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
• Tuesday Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Join us for a discussion of The Rosie Project by Graeme C. Simsion. Pick up your copy of the book at the Library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Wednesday, Jan. 24
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages nine to 23 months.) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Anime Fan Hour, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Do you have a love for manga and Japanese animation? Come dressed in your anime best to enjoy an hour of trivia, music videos, and anime-related crafts and activities. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Easy Yoga, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Learn easy yoga exercises to help you stretch, strengthen, and relax. Please wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move. Mats provided. Taught by Emily Saderholm. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Make and Take: Burlap Canvas, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Make wall art with burlap on canvas and decorative stencils. All materials provided. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Thursday, Jan. 25
• Creative Café: Loom Bands, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents enjoy open play with our new big blue blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome.
Friday, Jan. 26
• Friday Coffee Club, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us every other week to meet interesting personalities and discuss intriguing topics. Refreshments provided. This week’s speaker is long-time Kentuckian Warren Beeler. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Fourth Friday Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages newborn to five) Story time is a great opportunity to introduce babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to the library and work on important early literacy skills. Join us the fourth Friday of each month for books, games, music, and crafts. No sign up necessary.
• Marvelous Magic with John Shore, 6 p.m., main library. (Families) See amazing tricks of all kinds with cards, rings, disappearing animals, and more to thrill. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Fandom Friday: Star Wars, 7:30 to 9 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Train your mind like a Jedi, enjoy Star Wars-themed snacks and crafts, answer trivia, and make your own light-saber. As always, costumes are encouraged. Call 873-5191 to sign up. Saturday, Jan. 27
• Self Care for the New Year: A Relaxing Yoga Practice, 10 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join yoga teacher Cara Thomas for a self-care practice that will leave you feeling recharged and ready to take on the new year. We will explore yogic practices that bring harmony into these subtle layers of being called the koshas. Give yourself the time and space to shift into a state of flow and freedom. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Saturday Crafternoon: Crafting Hacks, 2 p.m., main library. (Adults) Learn and share crafting hacks to make your crafting life easier. Call 873-5191 to sign up.