Monday, Jan. 29
•What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign up necessary.
Tuesday, Jan. 30
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2-3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4-5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack and a story. Wednesday, Jan. 31
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9-23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Happy Little Landscapes: Painting for Adults, 6 p.m., main library. (Adults) Paint in the style of the fabulous PBS star Bob Ross. Professional artist Cindy Alvarado-Yeary will lead us in creating unique nature scenes. Material provided. Limited registration. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Thursday, Feb. 1
• Creative Café: Book Roses, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Galentines Craftstravaganza, 5 to 7 p.m., main library. (Adults) Bring your best friends out for a fun, Valentines-inspired craft night. Make cards, scented hand scrubs, candy gifts and more. All supplies provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents enjoy open play with our new big blue blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors and more. No sign up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome.