Health Department Notes - Stop smoking program offered
Although the first steps can be hard, finding your path to a smoke-free life is easier with the right help. The American Lung Association’s Freedom from Smoking® program is a proven way to quit smoking - and stay quit - even if you’ve tried before and went back to smoking.
The Woodford County Health Department is pleased to offer this program.
With the Freedom From Smoking® program you will:
• Choose a quit day about three weeks from now, then create a personalized plan to get ready for it.
• Build strategies for managing stress, avoiding weight gain and staying active during your quit, and after.
• Share your experiences with others going through the same thing in our online community.
• Learn how quit-smoking medications can increase your chance of quitting for good.
• Get live support from the quit-smoking specialists at the Lung Help Line.
• Enjoy 24/7 access from your desktop, tablet or smartphone.
Freedom from Smoking® works because it’s all about your quit journey. Every person’s experience with quitting smoking is different. The Freedom From Smoking® program uses proven activities and tools to help you understand your own relationship with tobacco and how to say good-bye to smoking for good.
Anyone interested in the Freedom from Smoking® program is encouraged to attend. There will be no charge for the class. The program begins Feb. 12, at the health department. Sessions will be on Monday afternoons from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Registration is required to attend.
To register for the program, or for more information, please contact the health department at 873-4541.