Monday, Feb. 5
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign up necessary.
• Matinee Monday, 1 p.m., main library. (Adults) Enjoy refreshments while watching feature film (PG-13). Call 873-5191 to sign up and for title.
• Drawing 101 for Teens, 6 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Do you like comic books, manga, or Japanese cartooning? Learn how to show expression and emotion in your characters and practice penciling your own characters. Taught by Stevie Moore. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Tuesday, Feb. 6
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
Wednesday, Feb. 7
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9-23 mos.) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Teen Game Time, 4 to 5 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Hang out with friends and discover your next favorite game at the library. Various board, card, and video games will be available for you to enjoy. Tasty snacks and drinks provided. No sign up necessary.
• Friends of the Library Meeting, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) All welcome.
Thursday, Feb. 8
• Creative Café: Heart Bookmarks, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11-18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Coloring for Grown-Ups, 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Teens and Adults) Coloring can relieve stress and anxiety while promoting creativity.
Revisit your youth and color with other adults using wax crayons, colored pencils, or markers. Unwind with a cup of tea and use your imagination to create a beautiful picture. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Little Tykes Valentine’s Day Party. 6:30 p.m., main library. (Families) Share treats, play sweet games, hear stories, make great Valentines and meet Ollie the Otter. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome.
Friday, Feb. 9
• Lego Challenge: Castles, 4 p.m., Midway branch. (Families) Accept the Lego challenge and build the greatest castle your imagination will allow. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Minecraft Time, 4 to 6 p.m., main library. (Ages 12-18) Bring your own computer or use one of ours to play in our custom-built Minecraft world at the library. Build something incredible, battle in our arena, or just spend time exploring the world your fellow Minecrafters have built. Participants must have their own Minecraft PC account. Call 873-5191 to sign up. Saturday, Feb. 10
• Death by Chocolate: Jewels of Kentucky Romance, 12 to 4 p.m., main library. (Adults) You are royally invited to our 8th annual celebration of romance novels and chocolate. Laugh along with our informative and hilarious panel of local romance authors as they answer your questions about romance and writing, grab a plate full of decadent chocolate, and play outrageous games worthy of a queen.
Afterwards, pick up a free book at our table then meet the authors to chat or get books signed. Books will be available for purchase. Limited space. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Kids Read to Dogs, 3 to 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 5-11) Children gain confidence by reading to friendly therapy dogs. Call 873-5191 to sign up.