Monday, March 5
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books! No sign up necessary.
• Matinee Monday, 1 p.m., main library. (Adults) Enjoy refreshments and a feature film (PG-13). Call 873-5191 for film title and to sign up.
• Drawing 101 for Teens, 6 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Do you like comic books, manga, or Japanese cartooning? Learn how to show expression and emotion in your characters and practice penciling your own characters. Taught by Stevie Moore. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Microsoft Excel 2016, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Learn how to use Excel more effectively in this hands-on class. Though no previous knowledge of Excel is required, participants should possess the ability to use a keyboard and mouse. Attendance at all four sessions is highly encouraged. Taught by John Crawford. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Tuesday, March 6
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K to 4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
• Ready, Set, Kindergarten, 6 p.m., main library. (Families with preschoolers ages 3 to 5) Join us for fun activities to help prepare your preschoolers for school. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Teen Robotics Class, 6 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Are you interested in learning more about robots and other new technology? Join us at the library, where we will learn how to build and program simple robots from scratch. Taught by Geoffrey Sprinkle. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Wednesday, March 7
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Teen Game Time, 5 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Hang out with friends and discover your next favorite game at the library. Various board, card, and video games will be available for you to enjoy. Tasty snacks and drinks provided. No sign up necessary.
Thursday, March 8
• Brains and Balance, 1 to 2:15 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Balance body and brain with physical and cognitive exercises. Taught by Ann Graff. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Creative Café: DIY Bouncy Balls, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome.
• Woodford Women of Action, 6 p.m., main library. (Adults) This panel discussion will feature Woodford County women who have spearheaded grassroots efforts to improve our county. Learn what others have done and how you can also give back to your community. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Friday, March 9
• Minecraft Time, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 12 to 18) Bring your own computer or use one of ours to play in our custom-built Minecraft world at the Library. Build something incredible, battle in our arena, or just spend time exploring the world your fellow Minecrafters have built. Participants must have their own Minecraft PC account. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Movie Madness, 6 p.m., main library. (All welcome) Enjoy popcorn and a free family movie (PG). Feel free to bring snacks or a take-out dinner to enjoy with the movie. Call 873-5191 for movie title and to sign up. Saturday, March 10
• Super Story Time: Food and Games, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., main library. (Families) Enjoy fun kids’ board and card games and a giant submarine sandwich. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Kids Read to Dogs, 3 p.m., main library. (Ages 5 to 11) Children gain confidence by reading to friendly therapy dogs. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Sunday, March 11
• Opening Reception for Love of the Dog: The Art of Cindy Alvarado-Yeary, main library. (All welcome) Cindy Alvarado-Yeary’s art captures dogs in their many moods and varieties in pen and ink, graphite pencil, and watercolor. Her artwork has won national awards and is in collections worldwide. Show runs March 7 - April 13.