Monday, March 19
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign up necessary.
• Maker Monday: Dynamic Dairy, 4 p.m., main library. (Families) Make shaken ice cream and rainbow milk paint. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Tuesday, March 20
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K to 4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
• Brain Builders, 6 p.m., main library. (Ages newborn to 3) Join us for fun activities to help your child learn and thrive. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Wednesday, March 21
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Teen Book Club, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us as we discuss A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole. Snacks provided. Copies of the book available at the library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Make and Take: Flowerpot Bunnies, 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Celebrate spring by making a decorative flowerpot bunny. All materials provided. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Thursday, March 22
• Brains and Balance, 1 to 2:15 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Balance body and brain with physical and cognitive exercises. Taught by Ann Graff. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Creative Café: Paint/Color by Number, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign up necessary.
• Digital Photography: Composition, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Learn how to improve your photographic eye by studying how to arrange and capture visual elements in the most interesting ways. Practice how to achieve the best aesthetics in our pictures using natural and available lighting. Taught by Stevie Moore, Digital Studio Instructor with Lexington Public Library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors and more. No sign up required.
• Avoiding Internet Threats and Scams, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) The Internet is a wonderful resource for exploring a world of information and services. Unfortunately, it is also a vehicle used by crooks and unscrupulous individuals to try to steal information and money from the unsuspecting. This presentation will look at several Internet threats, including phishing, spoofing and ransomware, and identify precautions to take to prevent becoming a victim. The presentation will also look at business and charity scams and demonstrate how Internet users can avoid them. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Friday, March 23
• Friday Morning Book Club, 9:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us for the library’s newest book club as we read and discuss Lucky Us by Amy Bloom. Please contact Emily at the library to reserve your copy of the book. Refreshments provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Fourth Friday Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages newborn to 5) Storytime is a great opportunity to introduce babies, toddlers, and preschoolers to the library and work on important early literacy skills. Join us the fourth Friday of each month for books, games, music, and crafts. No sign up necessary.
• Shining Star Celebration, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Families) Literacy fun and games for kindergarten kids and families with the Mighty Morphin Red Power Ranger. Use your new card to check out books and get a new book to keep. Call 873-5191 to sign up. Saturday, March 24
• Saturday Crafternoon, 1 to 3 p.m., main library. (Adults) Enjoy some relaxing crafting time making a variety of no-sew recycled T-shirt tote bags. Refreshments provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up.