Monday, April 9
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign-up necessary.
• Microsoft Excel 2016: Intermediate, 6:30 p.m., Main Library. (Adults) Learn how to organize your spreadsheets more effectively and efficiently by using tables and pivot tables. Attendance at all four sessions each Monday in April is highly encouraged. Taught by John Crawford. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Midway Book Club, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) The book club will meet to discuss “The Sybil” by Par Lagerkvist. All are welcome. No sign-up necessary.
Tuesday, April 10
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack and a story.
• Niños Listos, 6 p.m., main library. (Families with preschoolers) Join us for fun activities to help prepare your preschoolers for school. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Inglés a Nuestro Alcance/ English Within Our Reach, 6:15 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) See how easy and rewarding learning English can be. Drop in when you can and join other Spanish speakers as we learn English grammar and vocabulary, practice speaking, and more. We will be focusing on beginner to intermediate levels. For adults. Childcare not provided. No sign-up necessary.
• Mindfulness, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) This series is ideal for those who often find themselves distracted or overwhelmed, face circumstances that seem out of control, or just want to learn how to adopt a mindfulness practice. Presented by Carolina A. Caldera, M.S., Clinical Psychology Graduate Student at UK. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Wednesday, April 11
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Drums Alive: For Seniors to Stay Active, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 60+) Occupational therapist Anne Graff leads this fun program for anyone over 60 who wishes to keep sharp, retain balance and stay active. Participants must register for this program and attend each week, as the sessions build on one another. Space is very limited. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Friends of the Woodford County Library Meeting, 6:30 p.m., main library. (All welcome)
Thursday, April 12
• Creative Café: Finger Crochet, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign-up necessary.
• Coloring for Grown-ups, 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Teens and Adults) Coloring can relieve stress and anxiety while promoting creativity. Revisit your youth and color with other adults using wax crayons, colored pencils, or markers. Unwind with a cup of tea and use your imagination to create a beautiful picture. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign-up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and Adults) Join this fun group of fellow word smiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome. No sign-up necessary.
Friday, April 13
• Friday Coffee Club, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. (Adults) Join us every other week to meet interesting personalities and discuss intriguing topics. This week, Renaissance woman and Road Scholar Margaret Jeffiers will provide information on a wealth of travel opportunities. Refreshments provided. Inclement weather: If Woodford County schools are closed, Coffee Club will not meet. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Wumpmucket Puppets: Bee Happy Show, 6 p.m., main library. (Families) Visit a bee hive, do the bee dance, be green, and have fun. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Fandom Friday: Mythology Mania, 7:30 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Are you a fan of Norse, Roman, Greek, or Egyptian mythology? Have you ever wondered what it might be like to attend Camp Half-Blood or Camp Jupiter yourself? Come join us at the library for an evening of food, trivia, games, and fun based on Rick Riordan’s many mythology-themed books. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Saturday, April 14
• Super Story Time: Busy Bees, 11 a.m., main library. (Families) Learn about our bee friends, taste honey and enjoy stories. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Friends of the Library Ladybug Giveaway, 12 p.m., main library. (Families) Get free ladybugs for your yard. No sign-up required.
• Dynamic Doers: Glow in the Dark Bouncy Balls, 2 p.m., Midway branch. (Ages 11 to 18) Teens, drop in anytime between 2 and 4 p.m. to make glow-in-the-dark bouncy balls. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Kids Read to Dogs, 3 p.m., main library. (Ages 5 to 11) Children gain confidence by reading to friendly therapy dogs. Call 873-5191 to sign up.