Sunday, April 29
• Opening Reception for Here to There: The Photography of Mark Carney, 2 to 4 p.m. All welcome. Photographer Mark Carney has traveled extensively with his children (and his camera) over the years, including trips to the American West and Italy. Come see a wide range of photos, from stunning landscapes to abstract macro, and from vistas abroad to our own picturesque Woodford County. Show runs from April 22-May 29. No sign-up necessary.
Monday, April 30
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign-up necessary.
• Book Day/Dia de los Libros, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Families) Celebrate children’s books with bilingual stories, music, crafts and a piñata. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Tuesday, May 1
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Drop-in Tech Clinic, 2 to 4 p.m, main library. (Adults) Stop by one of our drop-in programs for some quick one-on-one help from Jane or John using your laptop, tablet or phone. No sign-up necessary.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack and a story.
• Financial Literacy for Teens, 6 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) KHEAA is here to help you learn how to manage your money. Learn how to balance a checkbook, track your spending and save money the smart way. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Inglés a Nuestro Alcance/ English Within Our Reach, 6:15 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) See how easy and rewarding learning English can be. Drop in when you can and join other Spanish speakers as we learn English grammar and vocabulary, practice speaking and more. We will be focusing on beginner to intermediate levels. For adults. Child care not provided. No sign-up necessary.
Wednesday, May 2
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Teen Game Time, 4 to 5 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us as we discuss “Hush, Hush” by Becca Fitzpatrick. Snacks provided. Copies of the book available at the library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Make and Take: Mother’s Day Cards, 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Teens and Adults) Use ink stamping and a die cut machine to make beautiful handmade cards. All materials provided by the library. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Thursday, May 3
• Creative Café: Stress Balls, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign-up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign-up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow word smiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome. No sign-up necessary.
Friday, May 4
• Drop-in Tech Clinic, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Stop by one of our drop-in programs for some quick one-on-one help from Jane or John using your laptop, tablet or phone. No sign-up necessary.