Monday, May 7
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign-up necessary.
• Matinee Monday: Victoria and Abdul, 1 p.m., main library. (Adults) Join as we watch this 2017 film starring Judi Dench and Ali Fazal. Queen Victoria strikes up an unlikely friendship with a young Indian clerk named Abdul Karim. No sign-up required.
• Drawing 101 for Teens, 6 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Do you like comic books or manga? Learn how to show expression and emotion in your characters and practice penciling your own characters. Taught by Stevie Moore. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Tuesday, May 8
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories, and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs, and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K to 4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack, and a story.
• Inglés a Nuestro Alcance/ English Within Our Reach, 6:15 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) See how easy and rewarding learning English can be. Drop in when you can and join other Spanish speakers as we learn English grammar and vocabulary, practice speaking, and more. We will be focusing on beginner to intermediate levels. For adults. Childcare not provided. No sign-up necessary.
Wednesday, May 9
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Friends of the Library Meeting, 6:30 p.m., main library. All are welcome.
Thursday, May 10
• Creative Café: DIY Slime, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign-up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign-up required.
• Yarn Ballers Craft Circle, 6 p.m., main library. (Adults) Do you have a passion for knitting, crochet or needlepoint? Crazy for embroidery, rug hooking or quilting? Are you a mad tatter? Then this group is for you. Bring your latest project and join the camaraderie. Refreshments provided. No sign-up necessary.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and Adults) Join this fun group of fellow word smiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome. No sign-up necessary.
Friday, May 11
• Friday Coffee Club, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us every other week to meet interesting personalities and discuss intriguing topics. This week, Brigadier General James Shane (Ret.) will recount his 28 years of active duty, his time in Vietnam, and 13 years in the Pentagon. Refreshments provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Lego Fun, 4 p.m., Midway branch. (Families) Build with friends and create whatever your imagination will allow. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Movie Madness: Wonder, 6 p.m., main library. (All welcome) Enjoy this free family showing of Wonder (PG). This 2017 movie, based on the book by R.J. Palacio, is about a boy with a facial deformity who learns how to adjust to going to school. Feel free to bring snacks, a “brown bag,” or take out dinner to enjoy with the movie. Call 873-5191 to sign up. Saturday, May 12
• Super Story Time: Mother’s Day, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., main library. (Families) Celebrate moms with fun stories, creative crafts, and snazzy music. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Kids Read to Dogs, 3 p.m., main library. (Ages 5 to 11) Children gain confidence by reading to friendly therapy dogs. Call 873-5191 to sign up.