Monday, May 14
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack, and lively discussions. No assigned books. No sign-up necessary.
• AARP Driver Safety Course, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m., main library. (Ages 50+) The AARP Driver Safety Course is a classroom course for drivers aged 50+. The course identifies many of the changes which occur as we age and suggests strategies for accommodating to those changes for safer driving. There are no exams. Complete the course and receive a certificate which many car insurance agencies honor with a discount. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Maker Monday: Cool Cocoons, 4 p.m., main library. (Families) Learn about insect metamorphosis, see a real butterfly chrysalis and more. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Midway Book Club, 6:30 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) The book club will meet to discuss Feast of Sorrow by Crystal King. All are welcome. No sign-up necessary.
Tuesday, May 15
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Art Attack, 3 p.m., Midway branch. (Grades K-4) Draw, trim, glue, paint, and create. Join us for a creative art project, a snack and a story.
• Inglés a Nuestro Alcance/ English Within Our Reach, 6:15 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) See how easy and rewarding learning English can be. Drop in when you can and join other Spanish speakers as we learn English grammar and vocabulary, practice speaking, and more. We will be focusing on beginner to intermediate levels. For adults. Childcare not provided. No sign-up necessary.
• Seeds for Victory: Kentucky’s Heirloom Seeds, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Learn about growing and saving seed from some of the heirloom garden favorites that made Victory Gardening in both World Wars successful and productive. Participants will transplant and take home a tomato seedling and 10 packets of heirloom varieties made popular by Kentucky’s gardeners for victory. Presented by Clark County Public Library staff. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Wednesday, May 16
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Teen Book Club, 4 to 5 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us as we discuss Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. Snacks provided. Copies of the book available at the library. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Busy Builders, 4 to 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Families) The Big Blue Blocks are coming to Midway. Come anytime between 4 and 6 p.m. and let these huge, foam shapes inspire you to design and create. No sign-up necessary.
Thursday, May 17
• Creative Café: DIY Slime, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign-up necessary.
• Drop-In Tech Clinic, 5 to 7 p.m., main library. (Adults) Stop by one of our “drop-in” programs for some quick one-on-one help from Jane or John using your laptop, tablet or phone. No sign-up necessary.
• Coloring for Grown-Ups, 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Teens and adults) Coloring can relieve stress and anxiety while promoting creativity. Revisit your youth and color with other adults using wax crayons, colored pencils or markers. Unwind with a cup of tea and use your imagination to create a beautiful picture. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign-up required.
• Writers’ Group, 6:30 p.m., main library. (Teens and adults) Join this fun group of fellow wordsmiths and kick-start your imagination with creative writing exercises. All levels of experience are welcome. No sign-up necessary.
Friday, May 18
• Friday Morning Book Club, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us for the Library’s newest book club. Enjoy refreshments while discussing The Memory of Old Jack by Wendell Berry. Call 873-5191 to speak to Emily about reserving your copy of the book.
Saturday, May 19
• Dynamic Doers: Games and Ice Cream, 2 to 4 p.m., Midway branch. (Ages 11 to 18) Teens, drop in anytime between 2 and 4 p.m. for ice cream, popsicles and games. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
• Minecraft Jr., 2 to 3:30 p.m., main library. (Ages 6 to 11) Kids create and play together in our own virtual Minecraft world. Participants must have their own Minecraft PC account. Please bring your own computer if possible. Limited to 10 participants. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
• Minecraft Time, 3:30 to 5 p.m., main library. (Ages 12 to 18) Bring your own computer or use one of ours to play in our custom-built Minecraft world at the library. Build something incredible, battle in our arena, or just spend time exploring the world your fellow Minecrafters have built. Participants must have their own Minecraft PC account. Call 873-5191 to sign up.