Monday, May 21
• What Are You Reading? Book Group, 12 p.m., Midway branch. (Adults) Broaden your reading horizons. Share your favorite new book and author. Enjoy coffee, a snack and lively discussions. No assigned books No sign-up necessary.
• Yoga for Kids, 6 p.m., Midway branch. (Children of all ages) Get kids moving! Yoga instructor Haley Wyatt will teach basic yoga through stories and poses. Call 846-4014 to sign up.
Tuesday, May 22
• Toddler Tales, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 2 to 3) Children and caregivers, parents, and/or grandparents enjoy songs, rhymes, stories and great activities.
• Preschool Story Hour, 11 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 5 and younger) Children (with a favorite adult) have fun with engaging books, songs and activities.
• Preschool Stories, 11 a.m., main library. (Ages 4 to 5) Books, games, crafts, and music to enhance pre-literacy skills and to have fun.
• Yarn Ballers Craft Circle, 6 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) Do you have a passion for knitting, crochet or needlepoint? Crazy for embroidery, rug hooking or quilting? Are you a mad tatter? Then this group is for you. Bring your latest project and join the camaraderie. Refreshments provided. No sign-up necessary.
• Inglés a Nuestro Alcance/ English Within Our Reach, 6:15 to 7:30 p.m., main library. (Adults) See how easy and rewarding learning English can be. Drop in when you can and join other Spanish speakers as we learn English grammar and vocabulary, practice speaking and more. We will be focusing on beginner to intermediate levels. For adults. Childcare not provided. No sign-up necessary.
• Tuesday Evening Book Club, 6:30 p.m., Versailles Brewing Company. (Adults) Join us for a discussion of “This Boy’s Life” by Tobias Wolff. Call 873-5191 to speak to Emily about getting your copy of the book.
Wednesday, May 23
• Baby Story Time, 10 a.m., main library. (Ages 9 to 23 months) Join us at our new time for songs, rhymes, stories, and activities for babies along with a favorite grown up.
• Anime Club, 4 to 5:30 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Do you have a love for Japanese animation and manga? Join us at the library for anime club. We will make crafts, discuss anime and manga, and watch a few episodes of anime. Snacks will be provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up.
Thursday, May 24
• Creative Café: Spray Paint Art, 4 p.m., main library. (Ages 11 to 18) Join us at the library for this drop-in craft hour, where we’ll make something new every week. No sign-up necessary.
• Busy Builders, 6 to 7 p.m., main library. (Families) Kids and parents play with our new Big Blue Blocks, Legos, manipulatives, straws and connectors, and more. No sign-up required.
Friday, May 25
• Friday Coffee Club, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., main library. (Adults) Join us every other week to meet interesting personalities and discuss intriguing topics. Refreshments provided. This week, Library director, Karen Kasacavage, will discuss the history of the Woodford County Library.
• Fourth Friday Story Time, 10:30 a.m., Midway branch. (Ages 0 to 5) Storytime is a great opportunity to introduce babies, toddlers and preschoolers to the library and work on important early literacy skills. Join us the fourth Friday of each month for books, games, music, and crafts. No sign-up necessary.
Saturday, May 26
• Saturday Crafternoon for Adults, 1 to 3 p.m., main library. (Adults) Enjoy some relaxing crafting time making a variety of handcrafted and recycled bookmarks. Refreshments provided. Call 873-5191 to sign up.