Tips to save water this summer
Summer is here and warmer weather usually means more water use outdoors. Kentucky American Water encourages customers to use water wisely this summer by following these conservation tips.
• Water your lawn only when it needs it. Generally, lawns only need an inch or so of water per week during the summer months.
• Water in the early morning or evening hours to reduce evaporation.
• Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your sidewalk, driveway or patio.
• Set your lawn mower one notch higher. Taller grass needs less water.
• Choose the right watering tool. Wands and soaker hoses are more efficient than a standard garden hose.
• Mulch garden beds to help retain moisture.
• Wash cars using a bucket of soapy water rather than leaving a hose running.
Following these tips can save customers time and money this summer. For more information, visit kentuckyamwater.com.