Health Department Notes - Stop smoking program offered
Although the first steps can be hard, finding your path to a smoke-free life is easier with the right help. The American Lung Association’s Freedom From Smoking® program is a proven way to quit smoking - and stay quit - even if you’ve tried before and went back to smoking.
The Woodford County Health Department is pleased to offer this program.
With the Freedom From Smoking Program you will:
• Choose a quit day about three weeks from now, then create a personalized plan to get ready for it.
• Build strategies for managing stress, avoiding weight gain and staying active during your quit, and after.
• Share your experiences with others going through the same thing in our online community.
• Learn how quit-smoking medications can increase your chance of quitting for good.
• Get live support from the quit-smoking specialists at the Lung Help Line.
• Enjoy 24/7 access from your desktop, tablet or smartphone.
Freedom From Smoking works because it’s all about your quit journey. Every person’s experience to quit smoking is different. The Freedom From Smoking program uses proven activities and tools to help you understand your own relationship with tobacco - and how to say good-bye to smoking for good. Anyone interested in the Freedom From Smoking program is encouraged to attend. There will be no charge for the class. The program begins Sept. 10 at the health department. Sessions will be on Monday afternoons at 5:30. Registration is required to attend. To register for the program or for more information, please contact the health department at 873-4541.